- Introduction: background, planning goals, regulatory context, a description of the scope of the plan, overview of the planning process, and details of how the plan is organized.
- Existing Ecological Conditions: historic and current ecological conditions in the Delta.
- Conservation Strategy: biological goals and objectives and details of the 22 conservation measures.
- Covered Activities: activities for which permits will be sought from regulatory agencies as a result of project proponents agreeing to implement the components of the plan upon its approval.
Chapters to be released in coming weeks include those that describe:
- the effects of the plan on ecosystem processes
- plan implementation
- governance structure
- costs and funding sources
- analysis of alternative ways to minimize harm to protected species
- the role of independent science in the creation and implementation of the plan.
The schedule for the BDCP can be viewed here.
For additional information regarding the BDCP please visit http://baydeltaconservationplan.com or contact Elizabeth Leeper or the KMTG attorney with whom you normally consult.